Wednesday, January 30

10 Facts about Me assignment

Several of you did not post your definitions to the wikispaces page - not a good start.  DON'T FORGET!  TOMORROW IS YOUR FIRST VOCAB QUIZ - BE READY!

To begin today you need to open Word and review from yesterday with the M and the X.  Again, make sure you are using the correct fingers!

After completing your warmup you are going to start working on your first in-class assignment.  The assignment is an email assignment that is very simple.  You will be sending me this email, and in the email you will write down 10 facts about yourself.  However, each fact has to be related to the number that it is next to.  If you watch this video it will explain what you are to do:



Again, here are the steps you need to complete EVERYTIME you send an email:

1.  type in the correct email (usually the two biggest mistakes people make are misspelling the email, or typing in the wrong domain name - for example .org instead of .com)
2.  always, always, always include a subject line! (this tells the reader why you are sending the email)
3.  type the name of the person you are sending the email to at the top of the message box
4.  type in your message
5.  type in your name (if you have a signature this is taken care of - 4th hour we'll have to take care of creating a signature when I return because I think I forgot to show you how to do this) 

The message part of your email will include 10 facts about you.  To reiterate, you need to include 10 facts about yourself that I wouldn't know about you otherwise.  In other words, you CAN'T include "I hav e 10 toes" for fact #10, or "I have 2 hands" for fact #2, or "I have 1 mother", and so on.  These are all facts that I already know - you must include facts that I wouldn't know about you just by looking at you.  Here is a small example:
  1. I have one sister
  2. I have been to Great America-Chicago twice
  3. I have 3 kids
  4. I have been to Lake of the Ozarks 4 times.
When you are done you will email me your assignment.  My email is dpardoe@dist228.org.    


No comments:

Post a Comment