Friday, September 14

Vocab Quiz #2; Gmail

You'll have a few minutes at the beginning of the class to review for the vocab quiz.  Make use of the time given you!

After the quiz, log in to your Google account but DO NOT start searching in images...just be patient until everyone is done with the quiz.  

Gmail - we are going to set up a signature in Gmail today.  I think for some classes we have already done this, but I want to get everyone set up so when I receive an email from you I can tell who the email is from.  A signature is simply going to add your name to end of every email you send out without you having to do type your name in every time you send an email.  In other words, every time you send an email you won't have to type your name in BUT your name will be included.  

Then, you will have your first assignment with your email account.  You are going to send me 10 Facts About Yourself (that's the name of the assignment...and what you are going to do).  But, the catch is that you have to organize the assignment in a specific way.  You need to send me 10 facts about yourself, but each fact has to be related to the number you put it next to.  For example:

1 - I have 1 sister
2 - I have been to Walt Disney World twice
3 - I have 3 pets - a dog, a cat, and a parakeet
4 - I have been to the Ozarks 4 times

And so on.  When you are working to complete this assignment, you MAY NOT! tell me you have 10 fingers, or 5 toes on your left foot.  The facts you include must be facts I would not normally know about you.  

When sending an email you need to do 5 things:
  1. Include a valid email address
  2. Always! include a subject line so your reader knows what the email message is about
  3. Write the name of the person you are sending the email to at the beginning of your message ("Dear Yoda:")
  4. Write a message - and then reread it and spell check it before you send it.  Remember what you learned with Internet Safety - what you send and how it looks is a direct reflection on you!
  5. Include your name at the end of the message (not a problem if you have a signature all set up!).

No comments:

Post a Comment